Monday 24 February 2014

Make a Splash Line - January 2013



In January 2013 the Make a Splash line was released! I was so hyped because it seemed as though Venus was becoming a more popular character and I just couldn't wait to see more Venus dolls :)

The Make a Splash line (which isn't actually officially named the 'Make a Splash' line, but also doesn't have an official name - Read more here!) originally featured Draculaura, Lagoona and Venus (of course). I got my Venus doll for my birthday this year from my boyfriend :)

Appearance:
Straight away in comparison to the other girls' swim suits, you can see that Venus's is much more subtle, just a simple one-piece, no frills or fancy designs. I think the most OTT thing about her outfit is the neck piece which, let's face it, is not the most bizarre thing any of the Monster High cast has ever wore :P


 So, hey, notice anything different about the two dolls above? Ah, well the Venus on the right was the 'Make a Splash' Venus that was originally released but had to be re-produced because they used the wrong makeup! Yes! As you can see on the picture on the right, Venus is wearing her original pink eyeshadow and red lipstick. The Venus on the left is the one most of us know and love - Green eyeshadow, pink lips and lighter eyebrows. The Venus on the right is now referred to as a variant.

There were only a few 'original' Make a Splash Venus dolls made before Mattel realised their mistake and so I REALLY want one in my collection! So if you know anyone selling one BOXED, please let me know!


Anyway on to the rest of the doll...

Venus supports a stylish yet practical hairstyle - A long, side ponytail with a poof so it's not in her way while she's swimming / sunbathing.

I LOVE those shades too, they're very Venus - Green with teeth at the top! Her one-piece also fits with her theme and has a bold zigzag design in pink, black, white and green. I'm not a fan of the neckline, however, the shape of it looks as though it should belong to Cleo or Nefera de Nile as in my opinion it has a slight Egyptian feel to it...


Venus goes for pink, wedged, open-toe sandals (as do all of the three original 'Make a Splash' girls) which are decorated with a teeth design on the wedge and pink vines for straps.


Accessories:


Venus also comes with her beach bag - Pink with fang decoration (not the one in the above picture, that's actually Draculaura's), and a towel which matches her swim suit. 'Make a Splash' Venus does not wear any earrings but still comes with her removable arm and leg vines.


I like:
The hair
The makeup (of the non-variant)

The majority of the swimsuit
The accessories

I dislike:
The neckline of the swimsuit





I got my photos from:
http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Make_a_Splash
http://www.flickr.com/photos/monsterbroflickr/8559742960/
http://dollswithinpictures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/swim-venus-mcflytrap-review.html
http://mundotoys.mercadoshops.com.ar/monster-high-muneca-venus-mcflytrap-lagoona-blue-swim-mattel_149xJM
http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/mcflytrap/Timeline
Thank you for sharing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment