Sunday 10 August 2014

Coffin Bean Line - August 2014


The budget lines are always my favourite Monster High dolls just because the themes are so random and I look at all the new ones that are coming out and WISH for a Venus! For example, wishing for a Dead Tired Venus and a Ghoul Sports Venus <3 A Fearleading Venus would be a bonus <3

I don't like coffee (or coffin, I guess) at all, but I love the idea of this :P


I've noticed over the past couple of releases that the front box art is getting bigger and bolder, I love it! Look how cute this box art is! And so detailed, even down to her tiny pink fingernails <3

Apperance:



I bloody love how grown-up she looks here, it's all down to the lack of garish makeup and crazy hair, which I guess is very un-Venus but very welcome in my collection :P She looks really elegant here.


Venus has gone for a lovely bold pink eyeliner and green eye shadow in true Venus style. Her green lips suggest she's not wearing lipstick or has perhaps gone for a gloss (I honestly believe her lips are naturally this colour!) and it's this that gives her that casual look.

Look how cute her hair is! In the promo picture we see that's it's been curled and thankfully, though it doesn't look exactly the same, in the box it has been curled into a lovely big ringlet.


Venus is wearing a pink mini dress with the usual black, green and white vines on it. This time she wears a black sleeveless top too, which is slit open to reveal the dress underneath. It's casual without being tooooooo casual :)


(Bad photo, sorry! Her feet are well and truly hidden in this box!!)

Oh no, shoe recycle alert! She is wearing a less detailed version of her signature shoes which is a tad disappointing but I guess because it's a budget line I can't really complain.

Accessories:


Only one accessory this time! It's a green glass cup filled with Venus's 'coffin' of choice, some crazy-ass vine drink. Erm, cannibal much?

Two things disappoint me about this, firstly, EVERY OTHER DOLL on this line has a better looking beverage! Secondly, why did they have to put that horrible plastic around it? Mine will stay in the box forever more and I'm sure they could have done that in a much better way :/


I like:
Her hair
Her makeup
Her clothes
The theme
The box art

I dislike:
Her recycled shoes
Her beverage choice
Packaging choices :(



I got the promo pic from:
https://www.facebook.com/EverAfterHighDolls?fref=ts
Thanks for sharing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment