Monday 7 April 2014

Swim 'Make a Splash' Line - July 2013 - RARE VARIANT!!

I found her!!


The Swim Line, pink eye shadow variant.
 
She actually wasn't that hard to find :) Or maybe it was just a stroke of good luck! I found her on eBay from some lovely person in America who was only too happy to send her to me here in the UK :) And I got her for a really good price :)
 
 
Apparently, Mattel sent Swim Venus out with the wrong makeup; they used the makeup that the original Venus has - pink eye shadow, red lips and dark brown eyebrows. They then stopped production and proceeded to send Venus out with the right head - Green eye shadow, pink lips and light brown eyebrows.
 
 
The boxes are slightly different. The variant has her name written in white and 'Daughter of the Plant Monster' written underneath while the standard Venus has black writing and no description.

I don't think this is anything to do with the differences of the doll, I suspect it is because the standard Venus is European (because it was from Amazon UK) while the Variant probably wasn't sent to anywhere further than the USA and Canada.

 
 
I'm so glad I finally have the variant :) I actually prefer her to the standard! :D :D
 
I'll have another new doll up by the end of the week so stay tuned!!
 
 
 
All images are my own but feel free to use and link back :) <3

2 comments:

  1. Yay well done on getting the variant!
    She looks better with the pink make up for sure :D


    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I couldn't believe I found it :O

      Delete