Thursday 10 April 2014

I Heart Fashion Line - April 2014



Venus makes her sixth appearance this month with the I <3 Fashion line, I got mine from Toys R Us. This line features a new Venus doll with three outfits (that can be mix-and-matched to create even more outfits!), three pairs of shoes and two accessories.

Appearance:


First of all I'm going to comment on the actual look of Venus in this line. In my opinion she's looking very grown up and this might become a 'thing' in future releases as she has a very grown up look to her in the upcoming Coffin Bean release!


I think the main reason she looks so grown up is her lovely haircut! This Venus has a lovely shoulder length cut that looks fabulous on her! She's also supporting some black underneath all the pink and green - A change that is also going to be present on the 'Zombie Shake' Venus.

Aside from her grown-up chop, the shaved side of her head has FLIPPED and is now on the right side of her head! Her shaved side is still pink but has a black chequered pattern on it :) I like the black, it really breaks up that bold pink.

The promo picture of Venus (above) shows a well-trimmed side fringe, but this is not the case with the actual doll...


The actual doll's fringe is styled in more of a cartoon-y, spikey cut, which I initially didn't like but it has now grown on me :) The photos above are from my boxed doll, so I apologise for the quality of them.


The fringe on the actual doll more closely matches the official artwork for the doll, however, as on the 'Music Festival' line, the hair isn't as volumous on the actual doll.



I'm happy to say that the makeup for the actual doll looks VERY close to the makeup on the promo doll, that was very satisfying for me. Venus has gone for a dark gray eye shadow (which on the actual doll is shaped just as nicely as the promo doll) and a nice hot pink eye liner.

The promo doll's lips look a nice red, but the actual doll's are in fact a dark pink. Then again, I think the filter they used on the promo photoshoot was set to make pinks look more red if you look at her hair, this also appears more red than pink.

Venus also wears a safety pin earring which looks a lot better on the promo doll, a pink spikey bracelet and a white spikey bracelet. The spikey belt has also made a comeback, this time in white :)

 
 On this doll, Venus's vines are black on both her arms and legs! I liked this idea :) I suppose one could dye their vines just as we could dye our hair ;)


 There are a lot of clothing items to talk about! I'll start with the clothes, then move on to the shoes.


Unfortunately for collectors like me who don't remove their dolls from the box, the outfit Venus wears in the box is my least favourite. This is a long-armed dress with the standard Venus pink and green vines on black look. One of the arms and part of the chest is actually made up of a black lace fabric that adds a nice touch. She wears this over pretty pink leggings that have black and white detailing on them.


This is my very favourite dress in the collection, the promo doll pairs this dress up with the denim sleeveless jacket that comes with the doll and I think it looks amazing as an outfit.
 
This is a black and white chequered dress that fits to the body until it gets to the hips, then it flares out into a pretty skirt. There are two net underskirts, one pink and one black. Along with the checks, the dress is dotted with Venus Flytraps! I think it's amazing <3 A lovely feature of the dress is the choker style neck that leads down the front of the dress, it looks like a denim material with white spots. I love this dress and would wear it myself if it were big enough!


The final outfit is a pink sleeveless top with fishnet detailing. You can't see on this photo but it has bright green ribbon around the arm holes and across the chest. This is worn over a white miniskirt with pink splodges on it, the detail on the skirt is adorable! In the box this is paired with the denim sleeveless that I was talking about before, which is decorated with a green and black vine pattern.

Onto the shoes...

 
Venus comes with three pairs of shoes. The first pair are black heels, recognise them? Yep, Venus wore the same shoes in green in the Ghoul's Night Out set! Recognise the second pair? Venus wore the same pair in pink and black in the Music Festival line! Recognise the last pair? Well you shouldn't, I don't think they've been used before. At least we get ONE pair of new shoes with this doll ;)

Accessories:


Venus comes with a lovely new bag, it is a pink, trapezium shaped bag with green vines all over the sides and at the top to make handles. I love the detailing on this bag, look at the white fang design on the front, and how cute is that little zipper?


Venus also comes with two accessories, a standard, black, Monster High hairbrush and a pair of sunglasses... recognise them? Swim line! Venus had a green pair before :) Same design, different colour, I still love the triangular shape and the fang design :)

There are also a couple more pairs of earrings and two extra bracelets included in the pack.


I like:
The new hair
2/3 Outfits
The Bag
How nice the makeup is on the actual doll

I Dislike:
The first outfit :'(
The re-used shoes and accessories.








I got my pictures from these guys:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/onestopmonsterhighshop?fref=ts
Thanks for sharing <3
The boxed photos are my own and you are welcome to use them as long as you link back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment