Saturday 31 May 2014

Zombie Shake Line - May 2014

 
Say 'Hello' to Venus number seven! I have longed for the Zombie Shake line since it was first announced at the beginning of this year. I love anything zombie so I was so excited to get this doll <3
 
 
 
Zombie Shake Venus comes as a two-pack with Rochelle! For AGES I umm-ed and aah-ed about whether I was going to start a Venus collection or a Rochelle collection so you understand how happy I am that they are paired together (for the second time! They were also together in the Ghoul's Night Out four-pack!) :D
 
I got mine from One Stop Monster High Shop, they're also on Facebook and are amazing for UK and Europe fans as we don't usually get our dolls on the same release date as the American fans.
 
Appearance:
 
 
I love the OTT makeup on these dolls! There has been a few arguments online between those like me who LOVE how over the top it is as it adds to the effect, and those who think it's a little too much. Zombie Shake certainly shows a darker, scarier side of Monster High, but it's all in good fun!
 
Venus's makeup consists of hot pink eyeliner and eye-shadow in various shades of green that reaches right up to her eyebrows and down tot he tops of her cheeks. An asymmetrical vine pattern has been drawn around her eyes and cheeks on both sides, which is very special in my opinion :) I hope to see more stuff like this in future designs. This is also the first time Venus hasn't had red or pink lips - They are a lovely dark green which suits her very well.
 
 
Venus's hair is drawn into a high, fluffy ponytail. Her hair is her usual colours, green and pink, but like the I <3 Fashion line she has black streaks here and there, which I adore.
 
 
(Terrible photo, sorry!)
Her shaved side is back on the right side of her head (it switched to the left for the I <3 Fashion line) and there is an adorable brain pattern painted on there! I LOVE IT. She only wears one earring in this line, and that's the huge vine that you can see on the picture above :)
 
 
Venus's hair is tied up in these gorgeous vines. I love them because they curl here and there and add to the messy look of her ponytail.
 
 
Not sure if you can see this but this is the first time Venus doesn't have a green shine in her eyes. It's not white (which makes more sense in a design sense because she has enough extra green on her face with all the makeup).
 

 
More vines appear around Venus's neck, wrists and legs, it gives her an overgrown plant-monster look ;)
 
She wears a black dress which is striped with thick, shiny, green stripes and thin white stripes. The edge of a dress is tattered (again adding to the zombie effect). There is a pink tulle part of the dress that overlaps this and makes up the straps and flares out at the hips. This is speckles with pink glitter <3 This girl loves a good belt! We've got a new belt for this doll, it is green and has a fang-like design to it.
 
 
I LOVE these shoes! Bright pink shoes seem to be Venus's favourites, they have a Lady Gaga heel and fangs all over, they're gorgeous <3

Accessories:
 
 
Venus takes a simple, but cute, little green clutch with her to the dance. Little silver details are highlighted which include the zip (love it), a couple of buckles and a few studs. Venus wears a spikey black bracelet on her right wrist.
 
Can I also point out how CLAWSOME her hands are? Proper zombiefied. URRRGGHHHHH.
 
The also come with a stand each and a diary.
 
 
 The art work on the box is lovely, I really like it. I think Rochelle looks a bit scary (she's usually so cute!) but other than that I love it. You can also go on to the Monster High Website to learn the Zombie Shake dance moves (and yes, I WILL learn it!) which is also really cool :)


I like:
The makeup

The dress
Her dance partner!
Her hands
Her hair colour
The shoes

I dislike:
The bag is a bit too simple for me
Her hair is a bit too messy (I'd like it to look sleek and curly like the promo pics)
 


 
Most photos are mine (the crappy ones) but you are free to use them if you link back :)
I got the other pictures from these guys:
http://shadowbinders.com/new-monster-high-at-toyfair-2014/

http://mismonsterhighcoleccion.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/custom-de-venus-music-festival.html
Thanks for sharing! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment